Metta Through the System of Practice
A day led by Arthaketu, Silabodhi and Aparajita.
In the morning we’ll explore metta through meditation practice – in both it’s samatha (calming) and vipassana (insight) aspects. We’ll look in depth at how metta spans our system of practice, and how it relates in particular to the stages of integration, positive emotion and spiritual death.
In the afternoon there will be an opportunity to discuss our experience and practice of metta. We’ll finish the day by focussing on how metta relates to the stages of spiritual rebirth and spontaneous compassionate activity.
“With metta you can always see through that greed or stupidity to the beauty of the human being: it is through metta that you can hold the two together, the ugly truth and the beautiful reality”
£35 full rate, £25 mid rate, £15 low rate. Please decide which price fits your circumstances and income.
Booking your place
* You need to book and pay in advance please
* Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
or scroll down to find booking cart
* Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
* Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information
box at checkout
* If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
* Questions? 0161 834 9232 or ku.gr1493115774o.ert1493115774nects1493115774ihddu1493115774brets1493115774ehcna1493115774m@ofn1493115774i1493115774
* Please bring vegan food to share for lunch. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or ku.gr1493115774o.ert1493115774nects1493115774ihddu1493115774brets1493115774ehcna1493115774m@ofn1493115774i1493115774
and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?
Get in touch - you can:
* Transfer to a similar event when possible
* Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
* Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date