Learn about the Buddha’s message, the tools to live by it, and the basics of meditation.
£45 full rate, £35 mid rate, £20 low rate. Please decide which price fits your circumstances and income.
Booking your place
* You need to book and pay in advance please
* Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
or scroll down to find booking cart
* Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
* Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information
box at checkout
* If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
* Questions? 0161 834 9232 or ku.gr1503514378o.ert1503514378nects1503514378ihddu1503514378brets1503514378ehcna1503514378m@ofn1503514378i1503514378
* Please bring vegetarian food to share for lunch - doesn't have to be elaborate!
* Otherwise, You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
Buddhism and Meditation
The theme this time will be the story of Siddhartha, who became the Buddha. As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, the day will provide practical instruction in Buddhist meditation practice.
These one-day courses take place around twice a year and cover similar content to the six-week Buddhism level 1 course, although the total class time is of course less. The day is suitable for newcomers to Buddhism and meditation as well as for those who have attended shorter sessions here or learned to meditate in other settings. It may also be of interest to anyone who has attended a similar day with a different theme.
* More about Buddhism
* Course handout – pdf format
We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or ku.gr1503514378o.ert1503514378nects1503514378ihddu1503514378brets1503514378ehcna1503514378m@ofn1503514378i1503514378
and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?
Get in touch - you can:
* Transfer to a similar event when possible
* Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
* Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date