Open six days a week, the Centre’s spacious ground floor shop is a great place to browse. Stock changes frequently so do pop in and have a look round.
Our friendly receptionists can advise on what to buy and you are welcome to try out the meditation equipment to get what’s right for you.
And you’ll also usually find . . .
- Wide variety of Buddha statues
- Many kinds of incense
- Books and magazines on Buddhism and meditation, vegetarian cookery, day to day mindfulness and more
- Meditation mats, stools, shawls and cushions
- Yoga equipment – mats, blocks, straps, eye pillows
- Singing bowls in several styles, sizes and prices
- CDs of led meditation, chants and Buddhist teachings
- Hand-made ceramics by Dayanandi
- Thangkas, sometimes printed, sometimes hand-painted
- Vajras, bells and other Buddhist ritual items
- Greetings cards, calendars and diaries
- Locally made malas, or meditation beads
- Toiletries, soaps and Faith in Nature products – organic, vegan and not tested on animals
- Fairly traded teas, coffees, snacks, juices and chocolate
- Second hand books, fiction as well as non-fiction
- Gift vouchers if you can’t decide . . .
From time to time we raise extra funds by holding sales of second hand clothing, craft work, original art, Buddhist books and so on.
Bank hols - see calendar
Raising money ethically
- Almost everything we sell comes from Buddhist right livelihood businesses and other ethical sources, many of them local
- All proceeds go towards the Centre and its activities
Sorry, we are unable to offer mail order or online shopping