On retreat, you can deepen your meditation, cultivate mindfulness, and learn more about Buddhism
If the retreat is organised by Manchester Buddhist Centre, it also gives an opportunity to develop friendships with other people who come to the Centre.
Our retreats are usually held at a retreat centre nearby, or sometimes an outdoor centre we’ve hired, in beautiful countryside.
We also sometimes hold urban retreats, which provide many qualities of a retreat while being non-residential and taking place alongside ordinary life.
The next retreat is:
Sangha Meditation Retreat: A Breath of Fresh Air (6.00pm Friday 17th May to 4.00pm Sunday 19th May) at Lockerbrook Outdoor Centre, Derbyshire.
Taking it further
- More ways of taking your practice further
Retreats at all levels, open to individual bookings
- Goingonretreat.com list of retreat centres
- Taraloka women’s retreat centre in Shropshire
- Dhanakosa retreat centre in Scotland
- Buddhafield North camping retreats
- Buddhafield camping retreats and summer festival
There was just a sense of space that was fantastic and I felt like I could be me